Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving is Strange in My Mind

Hey guys!
Just another week here in the office. This week is kinda my slow week. I had finished all of the travel stuff for the new missionaries and now I am waiting for other stuff for the ones that are coming. 

I actually do remember that Filipino lady. She was super nice. They had a lot of food but I wouldn't call it all good! (We spent Thanksgiving with our daughter in Oregon and one of their co-workers ha an annual potluck that we attended; Hunter went when he was here two years ago)I have learned to eat some things I don't like but I have to just tell people I don't eat much so then I get less of what I don't like. 

So D's baptismal date got moved up one more week because he couldn't go to church, but he said he is never going to accept jobs on Sunday ever again, which is great! 

Here in the offices we are doing a Thanksgiving Dinner on Tuesday with the mission home and President and Hermana Whitesides. We are all bringing our own dishes and we will have a turkey and everything. Thanksgiving is strange in my mind.

We all take a day out of the year to be sincere and tell people what we are thankful for. Here in the mission I have tried to get into the practice of just letting people know how much I care for them or what they mean to me or just how grateful I am for them. 

Christ did so many miracles and he often got no thanks. He didn't obligate people to do anything in return, he just did what was right. In the story of the ten lepers only one came back to thank him. It doesn't say in the scriptures but I can imagine that Christ was grateful. 

As a missionary when people tell me things that are nice or make me happy I feel good and I use it to keep going. Just a thought as this holiday has come and gone, just maybe if we all tried a little harder we could make everyday a day of thanks. 

Anyways, we met this family last night that let us in for a 5 minute lesson. We started talking about the restoration of the gospel and we had been there for about 30 so I said I didn't want to keep taking time away and that we could come back but they said that we couldn't leave without explaining the rest. That made me so happy. I have really high hopes for this family. 

I am super happy Reese (a two year old nephew) remembers me! It will be a while before I meet all my new family members but it will come. 

I have no idea when I am going to do my Skype call but I will definitely let you know! Also, food is more expensive in Cali so I am spending a little more. I also am going to send a package home but it will be really small and I am not putting in things that are expensive she said it should cost no more than 30 dollars to send. 

Other than that my week has been alright. I love you guys! 

Con amor,
Inline image 1



No comments:

Post a Comment