Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I Bought a Captain Jack Sparrow hat with Dreads and Everything

Hey guys!
This week was interesting! 

That family that we have been teaching didn't have time for us this week so we were a little bummed. Then we were going back to the house and the whole family was there at our door. This was a surprise because we don't tell people where we live. They had seen us earlier and figured that is where we lived. 

Turns out they wanted to play basketball with us because my companion told them that he would love to. We had no confirmed appointments so we did. I imagine I was a pretty big let down as a gringo that cant play basketball. It turned out to be really good to get a little closer with them!  

As for transfers. There is this thing in Colombia called paro (strike), which means that no buses are available for as long as it lasts because it doesn't have a set time! The last one was last year and it was three months long. How dumb right? Luckily it ended already. It really makes no sense. For now I am with stinky feet until they tell us otherwise. One thing they did tell me is that I am the new district leader so that is cool! 

Why did the whole family show up this weekend? Was there a special occasion?

Halloween was interesting! We spent some time with a new convert and his family that we are teaching! I bought a Captain Jack Sparrow hat with dreads and everything. It was pretty great! Didn't take pics though! Sorry. 

I should have a lot more students this week in my English class though! I am excited! 

Anyways, That is about it! Love you guys! Have fun at the coolest temple in Idaho that they couldn't build before I left!! 

Con Amor,
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment