Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Sunday, September 2, 2018

We literally pray soooo much

Hey guys,
This went by quick! For those that dont know we had transfers today and I stayed here in Floresta with Elder Saboya. We received some other missionaries and said goodbye to some others. 

Elder Kelley is now a zone leader in Pasto and I was sad to say goodbye to him but he will do great things! 

There are no new missionaries here that you guys would have heard about before. I am excited to see what we can do with these new missionaries. 

This week was also the Capilla Abierta and it was awesome. My companion and I assigned all of the missionaries to their posters and they killled it! It was awesome. 

There were lots of new faces and people that were getting to know the church for the first time and I loved speaking with them. I was a guide but I would just kind of run around everywhere making sure everything was going well. 

There was this family of Venezuelans that were members that had just barely arrived here in Colombia and the daughter of the family stopped me in the hallway and told me that her Dad needed a blessing. 

I told her that when he finished the tour that they could ask for me and we would gladly help him. 

He found me and we took him to a room in the back and he started explaining what the problem was and about his life. 

He was a bishop in Venezuela and he is a convert of 2 years. He said there was nobody else in the ward that could do it. He said that his house stopped receiving water about 1 year ago but he couldnt leave because he loved his ward. 

Finally he had to leave and he said that he didn't know why he felt sick but he said that he will go back as soon as he can to help. He asked me to give him a blessing and my companion did the annointing. 

In the blessing I promised him that he would go back to Venezuela and that his life here in Colombia would sustain him enough to be able to return. I promised him that God loved him and that he will always be by his side. 

I don/t remember what else I said but when it was over he was so happy. He looked me in the eye and said ¨I am happy because I now know that God will send me back home.¨ 

Later that evening his daughter saw me and started crying and put her hands out to hug me but I put my hands up, kind of like Chris Pratt in Jurassic World with the Veloceraptors, and she shook my hand. She said that her Dad had not smiled since they left Venezuela and now he was just like he was before. She thanked me and left. 

Everytime I give a blessing I always get a warm feeling along my spine. Everytime. Without a doubt. I have really figured out how to use my priesthood here in the mission and how the power of God literally flows through my hands. It is one of my favorite parts of life. 

As for the rest of the week, it was really slow because we were preparing for the capilla abierta and saying goodbye to the dead missionaries. 

I will have to send you an audio about one of our investigators next week because it is a lonf story. 

I hope that everything went well this week for all of the events that seem to be happening. 

I hope everyone knows that I pray for you all at least 5 times a day. We literally pray soooo much and you guys are always mentioned. 

I love you guys and I hope you have a great week! 

Con amor,
Elder Reese 

No comments:

Post a Comment