Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Monday, September 10, 2018

They Smoke Weed By The Way

Hey guys,
So this week is mostly in that recording, but it sounds like Middleton will be two stakes when I get home and that is kinda weird!

Our new downstairs neighbors have a terrible smoking problem and it comes straight up to our apartment. They smoke weed by the way, not cigarettes.

I have really enjoyed handing out those sour candies you sent me in the package. It is the best part of everything. Yesterday in Stake Conference I gave them out to this huge family in our ward and they all almost gagged. Classic. 

We still haven't finished all of the left over soda from the conference. 

I enjoy Sundays because it is my day to cook and I always go all out. Yesterday I cooked 3 chicken breasts with teriyaki noodles and it was delicious! I also found a store that sells Mountain Dew so I bought like 20 bottles. 

I really wanna learn how to cook some things from here so I can cook them at home. There is this lady in my area that cooks this chicken cake thing and I love it! Also, empanadas are super great. 

I was reading the Book of Mormon this week and I came across a part in Mosiah that talks about how those who refuse to give a part of what they have to someone who doesn't have anything because they think that they will misuse what is given.

It says that it is not our job to decide what they will do and what they won't. God is the only one who can judge in such a way. So, those who choose not to give are sinning. If you have more than enough of something what are you gonna lose anyways? 

So, here in Cali there are a ton of homeless people and they always ask for money. Before, I said no. Now, everyday I take a handful of coins out of my box of coins and when they ask, I pull out one coin and let them do what they want. 

We may know someone for a druggy or and alcoholic but I know for a fact that people can change. Maybe with a little money someone can finally decide to make something of their life. Who knows? 

Anyways, just a little thought. I love you guys! Have a good week! 

Con amor,
Elder Reese 

No comments:

Post a Comment