Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Saturday, May 26, 2018

I Almost Shot Myself

Hey guys,
Good news!! DIANA AND HER KIDS GOT BAPTIZED TODAY!!! WOOHOO!! So we had to push the date forward once because her kids weren’t quite ready but today they got baptized but they will get confirmed tomorrow which is just as important. I will let you guys know how that goes next week!
Hunter and Taylor are off to Seattle it sounds like. I hope they behave themselves. I feel older everytime something happens in peoples lives at home. I remember their first tryouts in soccer as freshmen.
I love the way all of the Apostles speak. They are all different but they all hit home. 
What cell phone do you have now? I cant even remember what phones exist. Mine is called an alcatel one touch if you want to look it up. (Not sure where that came from!)
Way to go Reese! (My grandson is learning how to go potty!) Sometimes you almost loose control of your potty training abilities as a missionary. A missionary told me a story about his Dad that only gave him one word of advice at the airport when he left. 
(I'm so sorry about this next story!) His dad was a pretty serious guy but when he hugged him goodbye all he said was ¨Never trust a fart.¨ 
This Elder didn't understand until one day in a lesson he let out a silent fart and it came out wet. Then he just chuckled and understood what his dad was talking about. 
One of my other investigators attended the baptism today and I know that her and her husband and her daughter are going to get baptized. They just had a baby like 4 months ago and she is adorable. 
Take some pictures at Kylies (Hunter's cousin) wedding for me! I wish I was there to support her.
I like that BiMart (One of his dad's FAVORITE stores) is closer now. I hated going before because it was so far but now I can deal with that.
This week while the APs were gone we found a roman candle in a closet and it was pretty old. I didn't think it would actually work so I lit it. Turns out the fire comes out from the same end as the wick. Who knew? I almost shot myself. The worst part was that it was super loud and bright and there were 30 of them. Also, at this point all the other secretaries that agreed to be a part of it had fled. In a panicked state I broke it in half hoping they wouldn't come out anymore. I was wrong.
They just started coming out by fives. Eventually they stopped and we all learned a lesson. 
Anyways, that is it for this week! Love you guys.
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment