Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, June 5, 2018

I Put My Dirty Socks in His Pillowcase

Hey guys!
This week was absolutely hectic!! 

I had to go to the airport 3 times and I will go a fourth fifth and sixth time this next week starting tomorrow

The first two times I went I just had to help people from our mission go on their mission to a different place which means they bring their stuff and documents and everything and it is pretty easy for me. 

The third time however, was a sister missionary that just got here last transfer that has a bad knee that just doesn't work. I was so busy and didn't want to go but I knew I had to. 

The whole day I couldn't really remember why I was going to the airport but then I remembered who it was. So the transport got there and Elder Sarnowski and I just got on and picked her up and went to the airport. 

After I called the travel agency to help us he came and gave her the boarding pass to use at the check in. He told her to give them that with her passport and what not. When he said the word passport I looked to the sister to ask her if she had brought it but before I spoke I realized that this time that was 100% my responsibility and that I had forgotten it. 

I didnt freak out I just started making calls. The other secretaries started trying to break into my little closet where I keep my safe and all the passports but they couldn't (I had the keys). I didn't think I would have time to go all the way there and back but I tried. 

As I was going they called and said they got in through the window outside. I told them the safe code and they came to the airport! 

She barely made it into her flight but she made it. For the last 7 months twice a day I have asked God for the strength neccesary to do my job. He has never failed me but there are times when he makes me work a little harder. 

GOOD NEWS!!! Elder Whiting is on his way here now to replace me as a secretary!!! That means that this whole next transfer I will be training him and then after it is over I get to leave!!! By the time I leave the office I will have less time in my mission than I spent in the office. Weird huh? 

My companion and I get along very well. The other day I put my dirty socks in his pillow case and he slept with them in there for 2 days. It was terribly gross. 

President and Sister Whitesides took us out to lunch today to a Mexican restaurant. I ordered these two pork chops. Sister Whitesides says I am too complicated. I told her that is how I know when people love me it is true. She just laughed and said that is true. 

Sounds like Kylie is going to have a good ol fashioned barnyard wedding. There is nothing wrong with that. 

One of my favorite Thomas S. Monson quotes is ¨Dare to be a Mormon, dare to stand alone, dare to have a purpose firm, dare to make it known.¨ Just be you don't let the people change you! 

Today this homeless lady asked me for money but I didn't have any and kept walking and she grabbed me by the arm and walked with me and wouldn't let go so I just kept walking but so did she! Finally she let go but it was weird. 

Anyways, that is about it this week it was pretty boring! Love you guys! Give Kylie a hug for me!! 

Con amor, 
Elder Reese 

No comments:

Post a Comment