Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Saturday, May 19, 2018

Have You Ever Eaten Spaghetti with Rice?

Hey guys,
I hope everyone had a good Mothers Day!! 

It was so good to see everybody. I didn't expect so many people to be there but I am glad they were.

 It seems weird to think about Hunter and Taylor graduating (family friends)

The ward split seems like a good change. It is no different than having transfers in the mission. They are directed by God just the same.

I had no idea that the church was pulling out of scouts. That makes me sad. That was one of the best parts of being a young man in the church. I hope that the church can find some sort of curriculum to make up for it. 

Mom should start taking Duke on walks he would love it!(Duke would end up taking Mom on a walk instead) Mom wouldn't but hey he is going to get fat! I saw Kameron chasing Duke around in the skype call. He is a cute little boy.  

Yea the time just keeps counting down I don't know what to do about it. I have gone to the airport probably over 30 times here in the office and I have never once had a desire to get on one and go home. God still has plenty of things for me to do here. 

I am glad Grandma and Grandpa will have their laundry room upstairs. I wish I was there to help with the project. 

You will be great at your new calling Mom! You have a degree in being a secretary so it will be super easy!

Costa Rica and Colombia are very different.(I met an Elder who was getting ready to go to Costa Rica) Costa Ricans are very relaxed people. There is also a lot of very pretty beach in Costa Rica. 

As for your story Mom, (I asked Hunter to give me a story I could tell in church tomorrow) I want to talk about why President Nelson has focused on Ministering instead of Home and Visiting teaching. 

I was privileged to meet Fabio Viosotis when I first started my mission. His house was actually the first house I ever visited as a missionary in the field. He had been investigating the Church for more than 3 years and went to church every Sunday but still could not make the decision to get baptized. The missionaries just retaught him the lessons over and over and over. 

My companion one day asked him how he was doing with reading his Book of Mormon. He said he only read it while he was with us but read the Bible every night. 

My companion smiled and said okay well lets keep reading then. Every time we visited him we read the Book of Mormon and left a part of it for him to read. We didnt talk about the Plan of Salvation or the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We talked about the Book of Mormon because that is what he needed. 

Later we had a very powerful family home evening with some members and there was a video played where Jeffrey R, Holland testifies of the Book of Mormon. 

When we went by his house the next week his daughter was full of happiness when she told us he had started reading the Book of Mormon all by himself. 

Two weeks after he scheduled his own baptism and was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

There are plenty other stories that I could share about ministering. That is just something that I have learned here on my mission. 

As for my mission in total. It is the best mission there is. Colombians are the happiest people that exist. They don't complain about what they don't have they just smile for what they do have. 

There have been few times that I have been mistreated by the people here. The food is great. There is rice with every meal. The other day the lady that gives us lunch made spaghetti with a side of rice. Have you ever eaten spaghetti with rice? Me either. I just ate spaghetti to avoid the weight of all of that. 

I love Colombians. I love being here. I love my family but I am happy to love them from a distance for now. I love all of the people in my new ward as well. Que Dios les bendiga! 

There ya go mom! 

Diana and her 2 kids will be getting baptized this Saturday!! WOOOHOOO!! 

Anyways, that is it for today! I love you guys!! 

Con amor, 
Elder Reese



No comments:

Post a Comment