Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Welcome to Colombia

Hey guys!!
I have been thinking about Addi all week! It sounds like she came on a Wednesday? I counted really fast so its possible that I'm wrong I couldn't take my shoes off to count my toes!  

As for this week it was fairly eventful! We had divisiones with the zone leaders. They came to our house Wednesday night and slept on our extra mattresses! There are different kinds of divisiones  and they chose to do this because Dominos delivers to our house and not theirs! The hard thing is that we had to divide our area in half and visit people on one half. It was not easy! I was with Elder Castillo. He is also from Peru! Closer to Lima. Elder Vallenas  is from Cuzco. It is right by Machu Pitchu! 

Anyways that was fun and its always a long day because both of you think you need to show each other how good of a missionary you are so you do everything insanley fast. Elder Castillo   is like 6` 2¨ and a little round, but boy he walks so fast and he didn't have a clue where we were going!! 

We taught this lady the word of wisdom because she asked about it and when we were done she told us she had a problem with some of it. We asked her which parts and she picked  up the  flower pot on the table and tipped the flowers upside down and 3 bags of cocaine fell on the table. That was new! So we took them and flushed them down the toilet with her permission! Needless say we won't eat or drink anything from her house!

Also, this week we were in a taxi and we got pulled over by the police. They made us get out and they patted us down  and asked for our papers! Then we just talked to them while they made sure we werent criminals! I thought it was cool!

A new sister missionary arrived in our district and the sisters are now a trio! We thought it was a joke at first but then it wasn't. She didn't have a mattress so the zone leaders took one of ours! We had extras but still! They just put  it on the roof of a taxi and held on to it from inside the car: Welcome to Colombia!  

They then returned  to sleep with us last night because someone  tried to break into the sisters apartment so they switched houses for now!         

I have a baptism 4 of August

I have interviews with President and Sister Whitesides tomorrow so that will be my time to talk to them! And yes I can print them off! Also, transfers aren't for another 3 weeks!

I love you guys I hope all is well and thank you for the pictures she is adorable! Stay strong!

Con Amor, 
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment