Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, July 11, 2017

New Mission President!

Hey guys!
Sorry I didn't send any pictures last week! My adaptor thing didn't work for some reason but I bought a new one! 

This week was pretty great! 

Wednesday, we had a family home evening scheduled as well as another disembargo! This time it was in the area of the zone leaders! They had every companion take over a part of their area. Me and Elder Vallenas went to an area and he wasn't really up for talking too much so I did it all. I would walk up to people and just talk and he would say his name and I would do the rest. I'm not complaining though! I love my companion. 

The family home evening was the best part. We got there and it was more of a scripture study session! It was at the house of the V family. F is an investigator of 3 years. We all talked and afterwards he was asked to share. He started talking and he is funny and then he started talking about how he knows he needs to be baptized and so he set a date for that Saturday!! His daughter and me both started crying! She has been a member for as long as he has investigated! This man was my very first appointment in the mission field. For some reason he wanted to be baptized! 

Thursday, we got to meet President and Sister Whitesides! They are very nice and suave cito! Me and an Elder Tingey left to go get some breakfast before it started and they were there!! It was pretty funny! 

Sister Whitesides is from Cali Colombia. President Whitesides came back after his mission and then they started writing and got married. He was some sort of accountant for the church and lived 9 years in Bogota, 3 years in Russia, and 3 years in Guatemala! They are great. Hermana Whitesides is very funny and also very spiritual! 

Saturday we had the baptism and it was great! Everything went well! Sunday he was finally confirmed a member of the church! 

I also met a guy that lived in New York for like 24 years and he loves talking English with me but his English is SOOOO hard to understand. I learned that my brain is hardwired to Spanish as well because I answered in Spanish without really trying. Also, all my dreams are in Spanish as well! 

I hope everything is going good! OH! I got one of Grandmas letters finally! I am going to write her back! Anyways stay strong family I love you all and I hope everyone is doing okay!

Con Amor,
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment