Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Monday, July 3, 2017

Somehow Missionaries Have All the Answers!

Hey guys!!
This week was pretty good. It was also not too good and I will tell you why!! 

We have investigators that are only available at night like 6 until 8. This week Every night we had some form of activity! I felt so bad there were so many investigators that we didn't get to see!! 

We had a desembargo on Tuesday. That pretty much just means our whole zone goes to one area to find new investigators for the missionaries in that area! It was cool. My companion went with Elder Cadena to a little more dangerous area. I went with Elder Lopez. He is so funny and one of he nicest guys. He is from Guatemala. He is also about 5 feet tall so I knew if something went wrong I could outrun his short strides. 

We had something Wednesday but I don't remember what it was. Thursday we had a family home evening with a lot of people! The message was a video and it was ANCIENT. I think I saw one of the prophets from the old testament. It was 30 minutes long. You know that thing I would do when I had to talk about something I knew nothing about but I would just pull something about of my butt and it wouldn't stink? Yea I do that in Spanish now. They ask our thoughts and we have to answer because somehow missionaries have all the answers! 

Saturday....WE HAD A BAPTISM!! She asked me to do the ordinance so I did. It went fantastic. She was so great. Her husband and her daughters all came and I think her husband will follow her footsteps and be baptized in the coming weeks. All the women brought something to cook. It looked like they all cooked vegetables and accidentally threw a piece or two of chicken in with it. You want to believe I ate it. You would be wrong. 

Sunday she was confirmed a member of the Church. After that she was the first one to bear her testimony. She said that she has always been a member of some church searching for the truth but never found it. One day she got down to pray for help from God and when she said amen there was a knock at her door. On the other side were some handsome missionaries. Elder Reese and Elder Vernaza. She was skeptical to let us un so she let her husband decide thinking he would say no. For some reason he said yes and she was surprised. She then invited us back. 

We were sent to her door. As missionaries we are sent everywhere we go but people have agency. We always have to remember that good 'ol agency that we love using so much. 

As for my mission president I will meet him on Thursday. We have another zone conference. I think I will love him! 

Yes mom I am eating okay. Dominoes is really cheap here! I am pretty sure you can send me clothes. I will ask Elder Robinson he is in charge over all that. My camera works great. 

Wait, who is the new Colonel? I'm assuming its your other boss! 

As for Dad drawing on that hunt, I legit waited 6 years for us to draw on that hunt. If you don't kill something that is gonna be a bummer and for the rest of our lives I'm just gonna say that if I was there I could have killed something! We have a baptism scheduled for August 4th

I got sick this week and so did my companion. It was quite terrible. But we are alive right now so its all good.

Also, dad I used my card in various places today. I had to buy a ball pump, lunch ( you will never believe what I ate and it was delicious) I think that is it. 

I love you guys stay strong and I will always be praying for you guys!

Con Amor,
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment