Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Last Week In the MTC

Hey Parents!!
I miss you guys and yes I got to watch conference live with everyone else and it was amazing. A few of the things I picked up are 
1) One person said that you should never stop loving someone for anything. That includes in your actions. When someone does something dumb you have to realize you do dumb things to because we all do. 
2) Read your Book of Mormon. President Monson spoke 3 times total. Twice it was the importance of the Book of Mormon. The other time it was being honest and having integrity.
3) This lady got up her name was Joy D Jones and she talked about how this little boy kept a promise with his sister because he said he would. Life is as simple as that. When you say your gonna do something you do it. There is no excuse for not following through unless there were certain circumstances. 

I really like that 70s talk as well. His name was Elder Costa and he said that the missionary that finally got to him was new and had limited Spanish. That is me in a week and probably for a few months. That really empowered me and gave me more hope. 

For my birthday I would like a cheap ipod shuffle or something with all the songs you can get. There is a group called Anthem Lights and they have some cool church songs and I am sure Brittany and Abby can help you with what would be cool. With that I want like a bluetooth speaker that you can charge rather than uses batteries. Also, more of my hair gel because I am almost out. It is the Paul Mitchell reformer with a red lid. You might have to go to the sports clips by Costco. Then any snacks you can think of. If you have any other ideas than by all means go ahead!

I have no idea where I will be stationed yet and I wont have a clue until I arrive at the mission home next Tuesday. I have no idea when my flight is and President said he has no idea how or if we will be able to call. Mom and Dad I would love to be able to talk to both of you at the same time but if not I will make sure to call you both separately if I can call at all. I know I leave early in the morning on Tuesday and that's all I know. Keep your phones on ring and I will try and call!

This week was very tense. Someone decided to steal 260 dollars out of the room of a Peruvian missionary who had worked a lot to save up that money. We had a huge meeting about it and President said the sooner that person returns that money the sooner God will forgive them. He also said that if that person doesnt return the money we wont be going to the temple becasue he will not allow an unclean thing to enter the house of the lord. Long story short it was not returned and I didnt get to go to the temple for the last time. We made the best of what we could! It is just saddening knowing that someone just sold their salvation for 260 dollars. Obviously there is still time but the longer they wait the harder it is! 

This week was great. I have had to be a leader this week because I am the only person of any authority on my floor. I have to be the bad guy alot but so be it. Our zone leader Elder Haynes told me after conference that every time I speak he feels the spirit and he just wanted to thank me for always sharing things. I will try again to get you some pictures mom! 

Anyone who reads this and didn't get a chance to watch conference or slept the whole time go do it. Before hand pray for answers and I know for a fact you will receive them. I love all of you and there are so many people that have helped shape who I am today. Keep in your hearts and your minds the words spoken this weekend. I love you all!
Con Amor,
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment