Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Monday, April 17, 2017

It's Hotter Here Than There...

HELLO EVERYONE, THIS IS HUNTER'S MOM, LYNN. BELOW IS THIS WEEK'S EMAIL FROM HUNTER AND HE SOUNDS OKAY, BUT I THINK HE NEEDS OUR SUPPORT. IF YOU CAN, PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS AND MAYBE EVEN EMAIL HIM SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT! I KNOW HE WILL APPRECIATE HEARING FROM YOU ALL!  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Hola Family,
You know that place in the scriptures that you don't want to go to after you die? Yea its hotter here than it is there. My trainer's name is Elder Vernaza from Equador and his English is decent and we communicate very well. He is awesome!! I am in a place called Palmira in the Prado District.

From the time I  got to email last a lot has  happpened. We had our interviews with the President and he is very quiet.  After that we went to his house for lunch and  it was meatballs and rice and vegetables. I bet your crossing your fingers hoping I ate them. I definitley did not. Elder Lawrence fell asleep at the table though so I am ahead of the game. After that we had a lot of presentations and went to this really cool place overlooking Cali. The assistants to the president are Elders Rodriguez and Elder Soto . They are  awesome. Elder Soto is very funny and outgoing. I was standing next to him and he told me that he knew from my eyes that I would be an asistant eventually. I told him he was wrong but he just shook his head.

We  got Dominos that night and then we slept in the mission home. The next day we met our trainers and  left in the same bus to the train station. Elder Fryman had to say goodbye to me and Elder Lawrence there because me and Elder Lawrence are in the same zone. We took the bus and after that we got off and  split ways. I got all my stuff into our surprisingly big apartment  and then we left to go teach an investogator. Everyone we have run into is surprised by my Spanish.  

I could lie to you guys and say that it is so easy and I have never thought about going home but that's a lie.  We wake up at  6 30 and don't leave  until 1. The morning consists of  a lot of different things but  after we leave the house and walk the streets of Colombia am totally fine. I can do this. 

We have a lady ready to be baptized already and  I am pumped about that. On May 6.

About my package  please put some pictures in there! And if you're gonna give me another camera don't make it super cheap beacuse nobody has those. Please put a lot of snacks in there too! And make sure Grandma  Reese is sending letters to the mission office! I am having fun and I love you guys!  

Con amor,
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment