Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Two Dorky Chauffeurs

Hey guys,
So I didn't write yesterday because MYLDSMAIL was down for a long time and I couldn't log in so President told us to write today

This week was pretty great! 
We met Elbia who we contacted in a park and visited her and it turns out she really needed some help. 

Her son was killed by 3 guys that liked his gym bag so instead of asking they just stabbed him 13 times and took it. He was the father of a little girl. 

She told us that ever since she was little she had just thought that reincarnation was what happened after death. Then we explained that that was not the plan. 

My favorite part of teaching is knowing that they got it. And she did. As she listened to me testify I could see her eyes tear up and I know the spirit told her that it was true. She got it. Now she knows she will see him again but she didn't come to church!! WHYYYYYY? I don't know. 

Also, a couple weeks back this guy contacted us outside a super market (Martin) and told us he had a daughter in the mission and he wanted us to visit him. 

I don't know if I wrote his info down or he gave it wrong but we could not find him! I was so frustrated! I felt bad too. He literally had a daughter counting on us doing the exact same thing and we couldn't do it. So what was my other miracle of the week? 

Waiting for church to start (late of course) I see big man Martin walk in followed by his wife, 3 kids and his mother in law. I could not believe it! I was so excited! Then I remembered that it was very likely he thought that I just never tried to contact him. Sure enough he blamed me.  I agreed to disagree. 

This week we will have the first lesson with him and I am so excited! 

I met the 2 new missionaries we have here in our zone. One is from Otavalo which is this place in Ecuador that has some traditions with clothes and also never cutting your hair. So he HAD a ponytail until HE CUT IT ALL OFF YESTERDAY!!! I was so disappointed! 

The other one is from Guatemala and he is super cool. He is a big guy with a big heart. 

Any news on a soccer team? Also, just take my clothes out of storage and I will go through anything else and take it out if I want it. I just need clothes. 

I took out more money because I gave 50000 pesos to a kid in our ward going to Africa because he is pretty poor. 

PLEASE PUT ME BACK ON THE INSURANCE. I know you will be too stubborn to let me drive because of some so called law about having insurance and I don't feel like going back to junior high with 2 dorky chauffeurs called mom and dad! Or a bike because I know that is what you were thinking of responding! 

Other than that all is well and I hope you all have a good week! 

Con amor,
Elder Reese 

No comments:

Post a Comment