Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Wednesday, November 7, 2018

This Week a Bird Pooped on My Shoe

Hey guys, 
This week a bird pooped on my shoe. Which is half a blessing because a step behind the shoe was my head so i guess I should be grateful. 

This week Alfredo came to church all by himself again and he FASTED!! He also paid his fast offering all by himself. He should be getting baptized this Saturday so we will see what happens. It should be great because we will have his brother baptize him. 

I had 2 baptismal interviews as well which is what happens when you are going to be baptized. The only thing was that the lady I interviewed was a lot crazy. She sees spirits every other second. During the interview she would look at the door and just start to cry because the burnt spirits were there and they scare her. I am not saying it isn't possible. For some the veil is thinner that it is for others but I think a lot of it was loose screws. Nevertheless I passed her because she has a testimony and knows the commandments she needs to keep. 

Also, she is almost 70 and her husband is like 59 and they had just gotten married that day. So when I asked her about the law of chastity she explained it to me and I just wanted to give her and example so I said ¨For example you and your husband couldnt keep the law of chastity before today because you werent married correct?¨ 

To which she responded ¨Actually we have been keeping it because my husband has been a little sick.¨ 

That is the grosest thing she could have ever said to me. 

I got some really good news this week about Yamileth. I dont know if you remember but she has been an investigator for years and has never been able to get marrried and finally her boyfriend has had a big change and they are talking about getting it done this week and that would result in a baptism the following Saturday. Not for me but for A LOT of missionaries. 

I did not just have transfers though. Transfers are the 18th of November. We still have 2 weeks left. 

I am glad that BSU is still holding on to that BYU title. Sucks that Middleton lost to Hillcrest though. Out of all of the schools it had to be HIllcrest. 

Something that has really caught my attention this time around reading the Book of Mormon is that not only were Laman and Lemuel total dweebs but throughout the entire story the Lamanites use the actions of Laman and Lemuel as an excuse to be dumb. They use that example and believe it to be correct. The crazy thing? WE DO THE SAME THING. Maybe not what our parents do but maybe we see someone else that claims to be righteous do something wrong and look for the right in it. When good people make bad decisions it doesnt make it a good decision and we sometimes look at it that way. 

Anyways, if I try for more wisdom it wont come out so smoothly haha. Love you guys! 

Con amor,
Elder Reese 



No comments:

Post a Comment