Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Wednesday, November 14, 2018

He Just Kinda Is There Like a Traffic Cone in the Road

Hey guys,
It is my companions last pday and he is SOOOO ready to go home. In church he takes his suit jacket off after sacrament and then when we contact he just kinda is there like a traffic cone on the road. 

Just a tip to any missionaries or future missionaries or priesthood holders: The first sign of laziness in the gospel is not buttoning up your top button of your whiteshirt. Literally every missionary I know that struggles in the mission doesn't do that. It seems so little and it is but I promise that it makes a difference. 

This week was kind of rough. Not because of my companion haha. I love him and he is a good guy. The biggest upset was Alfredo not being able to be baptized because he is getting thrown out of his house this Wednesday. If he can't find a place he is thinking about going back to Venezuela which would break my heart. 

I just know that he needs to stay here. I know God could make it happen. I know that for a fact. I just know that he can't take away Alfredos agency. I hope that a good offer comes up so that he will stay. 

On the other side, Yamileths husband had a huge change of heart and we went to go get them married and they had problems with some papers so we will have to go back this week again. So that will result in a baptism! 

We went to a desembarco this week in a different area which was kind of weird. Usually you go out with the ward and contact new people but this time we contacted 3 members and then it was over. So I just contacted close to the church until everyone else came back but the member ditched us. 

We should be having a thanksgiving dinner this week as a zone with President Trochez which should be fantastic. They asked me if they could play christmas music and I said heck no that is a sin. I explained to them that no one can listen to Christmas music until after thanksgiving

Also, President Trochez was given an american visa this week because he will be in Utah in March so I will definitely be lookin for him!! 

Anyways, thanks for everything! Have a good week! 

Con amor,
Elder Reese 


No comments:

Post a Comment