Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Monday, November 19, 2018

I Only Have Two Transfers Left...

Hey guys,
So today we had transfers and as all of you know my companion was finishing his mission which pretty much assured my spot here in Floresta for another transfer. And I was right! 

I am now with Elder Saavedra who is also from Peru and the weird thing is that I was at the airport when he got to the mission and everything. So I have known him since day 1. Also, just a side note, like a year and 2 weeks ago I started my time in the offices. Isn't that crazy? 

They have sent 2 more new missionaries to my zone and that means we have 5 areas that are training out of 7. That is a big ratio. 

I said goodbye to Elder Flores this morning in the office and also Elder Sarnowski who is finishing as well. That one was a lot harder. We were in the offices for 7 months together and before that we were in Palmira and Pasto together for 6 months so we have spent over a year of our missions in the same zone. Or house. 

Then I went and picked up my new companion who is a zone leader with me this time which will be fantastic! 

I am a little bummed because the odds of me training just shot way down because I only have two transfers left and usually President wants people to train for all 12 weeks. I will be happy to finish here though if it comes to that. 

Thanksgiving was good! The gravy turned out really good! I was very surprised. I just kinda winged it like I do with most things in life and it came out great!! The Latinos loved it. It doesn't exist here. 

There is a temple dedication in Barranquilla in December. I really want Alfredo and Yamileth to get baptized before then so that they can go to the chapel and watch the broadcast because only baptized members with a recommend can go. I am also super excited for that.

I showed up in the system for my itinerary to be bought but I told Elder Whiting he could wait until after transfers to request the flights. But it should be here in like 2 weeks. Tops. So no worries. 

OH! I don't know if you are doing this in our ward but part of light the world this year is having a Family Home Evening every day in the ward in a different members house from December 2nd until December 22nd. Who are the only people allowed to attend all of the FHE's? That's right. The missionaries. We planned it all in ward council and we are ready to light it up. 

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and a safe Black Friday! Love you all! 

Elder Reese 

No comments:

Post a Comment