Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Monday, July 30, 2018

Organizing Your Life

Hey guys,
I have been wondering if Connor was in the mission or not! (This is a friend Hunter had in high school) I am glad he has plans! I am actually pretty used to hot weather believe it or not because here it is either hot or raining. 

I heard from Natalee (Hunter's sister). I sent the boys (Hunter's nephews) a quick email last week and she said everything is going great. The boys are starting up their sports so we will see how that goes. 

I am sad you guys couldnt go to the reuinion. I hope that they had fun anyways! 

We watched a talk on Sunday from Elder Godoy about how you are supposed to organize your life as a member of the church. 

First, is your family. Always. Keeping a good relationship in your family is the most important thing we need to do. Always finding time for them. 

Second your job. It is important that you provide for your family and yourself and keep your relationship with your job at a strong level. 

Third, your calling. Isnt that a little strange? President Hinkley said that it is third important thing. If you think about it, how are you going to be able to uphold your calling if your family and your job are crashing down around you? You just cant do it. 

Fourth, yourself. You need to find time for yourself as well. Excercise and scripture study etc. 

These are all things that we have to figure out how to balance. So dont let your job replace your family or your calling replace your job. Find a balance. 

Elijah was a very cocky prophet. I say that in the sense that he taunted people with the power of God because he had so much faith. He was so sure that God would back him up that he never doubted it. He trash talked the priests in that story until they started dancing around the altar cutting themselves and then he killed them later. What a guy. 

I have not gotten my package yet. We asked the place here in Cali if they had it and they said that the people that send us the notice that is here in Cali is a different company where the package always goes when it first enters the country. Do you have the tracking number? I might call them or something to figure it out. 

My ankle is totally fine now. I will try and get you pictures of it next week because it was very ugly. Cool story huh? 

I am excited to see the plans for the house! If you a copy you should scan it to me! 

I remember going to Aunt Elizabeths house. It is beautiful there. I wish I could go! I am glad Ty is finally graduating. I hope you guys have fun at Silverwood! 

We have interviews tomorrow and then on Thursday we have zone conference and we have to do a presentation to our zone. Today me and my companion planned a zone activity and we had lots of fun. We had pancakes at President Trochez house. (He is basically a missionary) His wife died 4 years ago and he was stake president, bishop, mission counselor, etc and he always goes on splits with us. 

Then we played games at the chapel. 

I got to do splits with Elder Carrion this week as well which was fun because he was my old companion and we have some good memories together. He goes home at the end of this transfer.  

President Trochez went with us and it was great. Elder Carrion didnt say much but he said enough. President Trochez told me that he liked the way I taught because he could feel the spirit. That made me really happy. He is my favorite person ever. 

Me and my companion get along great. We make fun of eachother in a different way everytime we contact someone and keep going until they let us in. 

Anyways, Grandma told me in her letter to give her and Grandpa a shoutout in my email. So Hi Grandma and Grandpa! I have a lot of letters for you! I will try to send them home with an Elder that is going home this transfer who is from Meridian! I miss you guys a bunch and love you so much! Hope you missed me at the property this week! Be safe and know you are always in my prayers! 

I love you all! Be safe! 

Con amor, 
Elder Reese 


No comments:

Post a Comment