Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Thursday, July 5, 2018

Be Home Early

Hey guys,
This week we got out to proselyte more than the last couple of weeks. It was really nice.
On Sunday we had an Elder that was leaving on his mission stay with us but he went out and taught with Elder Whiting and me and Elder Chacon went out together and we had fun. We only had 1 hour but it was fun.
When we went to go get the Elder from his hotel before his setting apart we told his mom that we were going to come and get him. When we got there his mother came up to the front window and started getting a little upset with Elder Whiting because he didn’t tell her that we were coming in taxi and she thought we had an office car. I quickly came to his defense because he felt bad and didn’t know what to say.  She was not very happy with me but that is just how it was.
They had their own car but his bag was pretty big. My main goal was to stay on schedule so as soon as the next taxi came by I called it and we put the bag in and got in the car and then they were going to follow us.
We got to the office and so did they. They had brought their brother because he could drive and no one else could. The problem was he was low on some sort of vitamin or I don’t really know so I went with them to Subway, also the brother was a terrible driver.
They offered to buy me some Subway like 5 times but I politely declined. They were a little more on the privileged side of life.
Then he got set apart and they left and we took him proselyting. He was not expecting to go proselyting.
At the airport the next morning his parents got there late so I gave him the choice to check his backs without his bag lock or risk doing it late. He chose to check his bags. When his dad arrived he was so mad that we put his bag through without a lock and asked me why I made him do it. I nicely explained that I gave him the choice and he made the decision. I just slowly lost respect for his parents over time.
After we sent him through we were walking through the airport with his parents and he dad said that I had made a good impression on him. I didn’t understand how but woohoo I guess!
Then we had to take a sister to the airport on Tuesday and I swear she was like 4 ft tall. She was a very nice person though. There was a problem with all the flights though so we had to wait an hour. We had to eat lunch so she came with us. It was kind of weird. I was giving the order and it was just strange to ask her what she wanted and basically just order food with a young woman.
Wednesday we had a meeting with our Ward Mission Leader who is basically inactive. He is so loving though. The meeting was just him telling us to be home early and not contact people in dangerous areas where 3 of our baptismal dates already live. Oops.
Thursday we left right after lunch to proselyte and had 2 visits. They were both pretty good. One of them is a 7th day Adventist that cant get over the fact that the Sabbath day is Sunday. If he could accept that he would progress so fast!
The other is this couple that we met. They live together and he just got back from the army and he is 24 and she is 17. OOOOPPSSS. That is kinda strange.
Then we went back to the office real quick. We waited for this guy to come but he never showed. Then we visited Edna the one from Ecuador and you can hear that story on my recording.
Then we taught Amanda again and she has kidney stones. I bought her bread and a bottle of water and Pepsi for the rest of us because she wouldn’t tell me what she needed. Her and her daughter said they would go to church on Sunday.
Friday we taught this guy Gustavo and his wife. They are catholic but only because they were born to catholic parents. They never go to church or anything like that but they are very nice.
Then we taught this girl Lisseth and she is very nice and I think could progress very well. We had to teach her at her door  because there was no man in the house.
Then we contacted and went home.
Today for Pday I cut my hair but he did a terrible job. The Whitesides took us out to lunch to a restaurant of my choosing. I chose a restaurant called Mister Wings. It was really good.
That was pretty much my week. I have some pictures to send and a recording so that is good! I have not gotten my package yet but that is okay the longer I don’t have it the longer it will last me technically!
Love you all! Be safe!
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment