Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Saturday, April 21, 2018

With A Smile Everybody!

Hey guys, 
So this week was great! Well it was great in some ways and very long in other ways. 

Monday we had a BBQ at President's house to say goodbye to Elder Alcorta who will be finishing his mission and to Elder Pizarro who is leaving the office. It was great. There were enough people who knew how to use a grill so I just let them do it and ate the fruits of their labors. Plus one of them is from Meza, AZ so he lives in a BBQ. 

It was really fun but it is never fun to say goodbye to people. I don't know if you guys remember Elder Vallenas? My second companion in the mission field? He finishes this transfer as well and I have to say goodbye to him at the airport. It is not easy because the odds of me ever seeing any of the Latinos again in this life are very slim. 

We also started interviews this week for the missionaries that are leaving and that creates a lot of work in my life because I am in charge of helping them and greeting them and all of that. 

I also got a phone call saying that the church in Colombia will be switching phone carriers and that in a week all of our sim cards will no longer work and that I have to distribute all the new sim cards (120) to the areas before that happens. Everything just kind of gets thrown together at the last minute every time there are transfers. 

I also got a personal phone call from Elder Gordoy who is a new member of the Presidency of the Seventy. I explain that experience in my voice recording. 

Today I bought Dad something at a gift shop that I will have to save for later. It is classic Colombia and classic dad. I think I will have to buy every Reese boy one. 

One thing I didn't mention in my recording was that Elder Gordoy and President said that the missionaries in the office are leaders. They said that we are there because the Lord knows that what other missionaries do in a whole day we can do in three hours. It made me really happy to hear that they had such confidence in not only me but also in my companions. 

I am glad that everything at home is going well. It sounds like we all need to be ready to help Grandma and Grandpa like they have helped us all our whole lives so with a smile everybody!! 

As for my investigators. Everything is going really well. We have very high hopes right now about how we are going to end the month of May with at least 7 baptisms. I will give you a rundown on that next week! Thank you for everything! Love you all! 

Con amor, 
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment