Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas A Todos

Hey Merry Christmas a todos! 
I obviously didn't have transfers and I won't for a little while. The thing is that they are very stressful here in the office. 

As President's secretary I am in charge of planning the whole 3 days of it. We call it plan de ataque. I have to schedule all the interviews for the missionaries that are going home and their flights and and all the transports. 

I have to schedule a lot of transports for the new missionaries to go to all sorts of different places. I was actually stressed for the first time in my whole mission. The things I handle are very delicate and I knew that. 

I knelt down before I left on Tuesday morning to do all these things and said a prayer and just thanked God for everything and begged him to just let things work. 

As we got to the airport we said goodbye to the old missionaries and rushed to the entrance to greet the new ones. I had scheduled two buses for the airport and knew they were coming. Then I saw some guy holding up a little whiteboard with my name on it. It actually freaked me out a little but it turned out that he had a taxi for two people. 

My stomach just dropped because there were 22 people and 40 bags that needed to go to different places. It turned out that he was just to take the assistants to the house with the bags. 

Then in the notary when I asked for everyone's passports one elder started searching everywhere and he confessed that he had left it ON THE PLANE. I did not freak out or anything I just said hold on a second everything will be okay. I totally lied. I thought we were done for. 

Luckily I made some calls and they had it there at the airport. Everything worked out alright there. 

Later, we had to take more people to the airport and the lady at the airport would not accept the paper I had to pay for there bags. It had worked in the morning but this time it didn't. I was freaking out. 

We ended up paying  for them with the mission card and it will just be reimbursed. 

Then as I was looking at the passports a sister from Mexico didn't have her visa. Which meant that she had a very limited amount of time to legally be in this country. 

Turns out that they had just realized that and were taking care of it and sent me an electronic copy through email. 

Then we had to send them all off to their areas with their trainers. I had not scheduled a transport. I didn't know we needed one. We just ended up calling A LOT of taxis. Then everyone got out and everything was fine. 

At the end of all the craziness I had just gotten home Wednesday night and was laying in my bed and it hit me. 

There were problems but they were overcome. There were times I had to work more than I had planned but it worked out. 

God didn't make it easy but I didn't ask him to. I told him to allow everything to work out and it did. I got down on my knees and thanked him for everything. 

It may not seem like he is helping out but he may just be requiring a little bit more faith.

Anyways, that was my update for now! I will see you guys tomorrow I think! 

Love you all!! 

Con amor,
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment