Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Saturday, December 9, 2017

I Have No Fear

Hey guys!
So this week was good! 

We had another Elder in the office because he has a bad foot so he was with us all week. He is a cool guy. He is from Utah and has one transfer less than me. 

We also had interviews this week. President and me had a good talk. I had to ask him if he thought I needed to be more professional because everyone says I am always joking. He told me that he has no problem with anything I have ever done and believes that he never will. Which means I am just a lot more fun than everyone else obviously!! 

I had a two day training session this week too. The guy that is in charge of all the immigration stuff in every mission in Colombia came to Cali to teach me a few things. 

He said that when he received this position in 2014 that there were 800+ missionaries serving illegally in there missions. Almost all of them got send home to serve. His biggest worry was teaching me how to keep everyone's' archives in order. It was interesting. 

He actually told me a story that I loved a lot. At one point he had to welcome and help Elder Christofferson when he came to Barranquilla which is at the North Coast of Colombia. He said that when it rains the roads just flood and it can carry cars and buses with it so when it happens it is better to stay inside. 

As it happened to start raining he was waiting outside Elder Christoffersons room for anything he might need and just staring out the window thinking. He then felt a hand on his shoulder telling him that no matter what happens everything was going to okay. As he turned it was Elder Christofferson. He just nodded and thanked him even though he had no idea what he really meant. 

Then they left to go pick up Elder Holland at the airport. As they had already got him he was walking behind the two Apostles and Elder Holland stopped and turned around and gave Hermano R. (the guy that trained me) a huge bear hug and lifted him off the ground telling him that he loved him. 

After these two interesting events he continued with the event they had come to Barranquilla for and it all turned out okay. After it was over he got a call from his wife. The call was to inform him that his son was in the hospital for the first out of 4 suicide attempts that he would try to do in his life. Luckily he has never been successful and is now in a much better state. 

The relationship the leaders of the church have with the Holy Ghost is stronger than we can imagine. We may not always get the hand of a servant of the Lord on our shoulder with comforting words or a bear hug from another Apostle. But, there is always a way the Lord helps us. 

He has sent people here to help us in times of need. Nevertheless, there are sometimes in our lives where we have to go so far into the dark that there is only one person that can come with us. 

Hermano R. told us that the amount of strength he took from the counsel of these Apostles was everything he needed to help overcome these problems. 

As for working in the office. It is hard some days to find drive to keep doing what the Lord has asked of me. I came here to teach and preach the Gospel. President told me that everyone here in the office has been called because God knows that they can do both. 

I wouldn't say that the office is safer it is just less probable that things happen because we are out less amount of time. My area is actually really cool and pretty sketchy but I love it all the same. 

As for the campaign here it is great. I love having such an easy excuse to talk to people. I have no fear when it comes to talking to people. One of my companions is not super confident when it comes to contacting so I create scenarios where he has to talk. I hand cards to people in a group and then tell them my companion is going to explain what it is and he has no choice. 

What kind of car did Courtney (Hunter's Sister) buy? 

I hope you get better Mom. We all got colds here like 3 weeks ago and still have side affects but it is all good. 

I will pull my package out Monday! I spent some money today but a lot of it was paid back to me in cash as I bought things at once for everyone. 

I love you guys!! Have a great week! 

Con Amor,
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment