Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Sunday, December 24, 2017

Grandchildren Get More Spoiled Than Children

Hey guys!
Sounds like a lot of stuff is going on! 

Sounds like you will be having a lot of fun in Oregon with Brittany and Ty this week so that will be great. You should take some pictures of your adventures for me! I have never once made a gingerbread house with you. Grandchildren get more spoiled than children. 

I hope Duke gets better. Is he still going on walks with Dad or does he not want to? Do you think he got sick at grandmas house and that is why he is acting weird? 

It sounds like you enjoy working at the temple. I miss being in the temple. Working there was something very special. 

Something interesting that we talked about this week with President and Sister Whitesides was saying prayers every now and again without asking for anything. God knows what we need regardless of what we say. He, just like any other parent, needs to here us say thank you for everything he does for us. Through doing such a simple act we can feel his love through our gratitude and maybe receive such simple answers that we couldn't find before. 

My investigators are doing alright. This week has been rough though. Elder Falabella, who is a seventy here, came to our mission and the office had to prepare so many things. Also, transfers are coming up this Monday so I have to prepare a lot of stuff for so many things and I don't have any time to go out to the area and it is hard. Sometimes you feel like you aren't fulfilling your purpose as a missionary when you aren't out teaching. I think of the people that need me but I don't have time for sometimes and just pray that they will wait for me. 

D has come back and has been very busy. We have had to move his baptismal date a couple times but we are getting there. 

This week I was in charge of getting the chapel ready for the conference with Elder Falabella. When we got there the night before the stake center had a total of 3 tables in it and we had to seat 110 people. I was not a happy camper. But, we hadn't been beaten yet. 

We knelt down and said a prayer for a little help and then made a phone call. The guy in charge of that stuff said he would try and get them there before lunch so that we could eat. That was our only hope really. 

So we cleaned it and prepared what we could and went home.

We woke up the next day and went there early to control the other missionaries and when we got there all of the tables were there. They were all set up with table cloths and everything. I still don't know who did it but someone did. I was so relieved. 

I got a letter from someone this week. Her name is Liliana Cartagena. She was my second baptism in the mission. She gave me a printed letter telling me how grateful she is and that it is so hard for her to know I am so close but we cant see each other. She said that her doors are always open to any Reese's so lets take advantage!

Let Adams dad know I miss him! It sounds like they have a lot of work now.

Anyways, I love you guys!! Have a good week! 

Con amor,
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment