Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, September 26, 2017

It Wasn't Super Amazing, It Was Just Super Fun!

Hey guys,
So this week was interesting. 

First of all, about transfers. I am staying in the same area but a new companion is coming that I know from Palmira that has a really hard time getting along with anyone. He is famous, but not like George Washington. Which means that I have to show president again that I can deal with adversity.

Also, we had a talent show and the district of missionaries wanted to do a dance of a few mixed songs. We all voted on songs and picked them and then I somehow got around to choreographing the whole thing...

The thing is that it wasn't super amazing, it was just super fun! I will try and get the video for you guys.

We taught this lesson this week to a girl we contacted who was waiting for her sisters to get home because she didn't have keys. We talked to her and then came back the next day. We taught about the restoration and we usually take turns explaining different points of it. I got to the part about Joseph Smith and the first vision. I recited the first vision and explained.


After the first vision she couldn't take her eyes off the picture of Joseph Smith. We moved on with the lesson as usual but I felt the spirit so strong testifying to her. 

At the end I asked if she had questions. She then told us that she and her family are very catholic and that she believes in all that catholic stuff. She then started to talk about how strange the Joseph Smith stuff was and how she wanted to say it wasn't true. But, somehow she said she couldn't say it. She couldn't speak the words. In that moment she knew she couldn't deny it. 

This was an awesome experience. There are so many times as missionaries that you feel the spirit so strong and then people just deny it and you feel so upset. But these moments make up for all the bad ones. 

Anyways, I will update you guys about my first week with Elder Acosta!! 

I hope the Meridian Temple goes off without a hitch!! Love you all!! 

Con Amor,

Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment