Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Monday, September 11, 2017

Don't Come For My Birthday, Please


Hey guys!
This week was interesting. 

My companion turned 20 on Saturday! I bought him lunch today and that made his chubby self happy. 

Here is the crazy thing. This investigator we have is super nice and loves us to death and she wanted to have us over for his birthday. We told her we wanted bbq ribs so she gladly bought them. 

Thursday she told us that she had a surprise for us. I had no idea and neither did my companion. 

Saturday we headed to her house and as we got closer to her door my companion stopped and didn't want to go any further. I asked him why and he pointed at the man at the door and said because that is my Dad!!!! 

It turns out that his Mom, Dad and sister all came down to see him for his birthday!

He wasn't happy either but it all worked out. They aren't members by the way. They didn't know better. Don't come here for my birthday please. (RUDE!)

I had English classes to teach this week on Friday and just with my luck this huge storm just started about thirty minutes. We stopped by the house and I grabbed my umbrella and he (his companion) laughed at me because I had an umbrella. I walked outside and after about five seconds he started running and screaming for me to hurry up because he was getting drenched. So I walked slowly with my silly umbrella. It also took 30 minutes to find a taxi.

No one went to the classes so that was great...

I played guitar at a baptism for the other missionaries to sing along. 

Other than that this week was great. It is kind of a rough area. Elder Vernaza was here and he used to tell me how he knocked every door here and in 12 weeks he didn't even have a baptismal date. Yay!

Anyways, love you guys! 

Con Amor,
Elder Reese
 
This is what Hunter had to say about the photographs he sent this week:
 
So here in Colombia it is very common to throw eggs and flour at the birthday boy or girl and my district did it to my companion. It was way worse before the picture, but no taxi would accept us til we made him presentable. The other is him with his birthday cake and the other is my favorite dish in Colombia. It is called a Picada. It consists of a whole bunch of different meats and potatoes. It was delicious! Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment