Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Mother's Day Call

Hey guys!
Sounds like you had a fun weekend! My week was pretty good and normal. 

The missionary work is going good. Me and Elder Vernaza are always ready to work. This week there a was a moment he didn't want to go talk to this guy because he was a little rough looking but I told him everything would be alright. The man was very nice and invited us in. God watches out for his missionaries! 

Yes dad we get the Liahona! In Spanish. So...I don't read it much yet.

As to Mothers day. I get to Skype on Sunday! Elder Vernaza is going first and I have to sit by him and babysit him and then he has to do the same for me. He will go at 4 our time and I will allow him to go until 5 30 but he might end early so be ready at 5 15 please. That way we can talk as long as possible.

No Mom, I have not had a transfer. Transfers are every 6 weeks and this is the start of week 5. We had our interviews with President and Hermana Pricoli for transfers though. They both said I speak Spanish like I have been out for a year. I think they say that to everyone though. 

No, members can't feed us. It is dangerous to eat a lot of stuff unless it is properly prepared. And I am having the time of my life in my own way. It is very rewarding.

During fast and testimony meeting a little girl named Vanessa who is the daughter of one of our investigators shared her testimony. She said that the missionaries came to her house this week and shared a scripture with her family. She said that it really meant a lot to her because she just wants her mom to be baptized so she can be with her forever. She is 10 years old. I will never forget the feeling I had at the moment. 

After that, I bore my testimony. I said that I know the church is true because even though my house and my ward is on the other side of the world I feel the same spirit, I partake of the same sacrament, and the priesthood is just as powerful. I know that is true and I love you all.

I will see you Sunday!! Email me your Skype name this week so I know what to call! Love you!

Con Amor,
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment