Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, May 23, 2017

First Baptism

Hey guys
This week was awesome! We had my first baptism which was awesome!! 

AGL was baptized on Saturday. Her ex-husband was supposed to do it but he got sick the morning before so he couldn't. We didn't learn this until lunch the day of the baptism. I was talking to her on the phone and I told her she could choose any member with the authority or any of us two. She asked if we had the authority and I said yes and then she said okay then I choose you Elder Reese!! WOOHOO!! I felt so good. 

The baptism was at six and I had to go get clothes and what not. We called her at 6 because she wasn't there and she said she was coming. We had a lot of people there and we just showed the restoration video because she didn't show up until almost 7!! Anyways we had all the hymns and the talks and then we got into the water which was freezing! I was so worried it was gonna be cold for her. 

I told her to come in and she did. I forgot to say her name so I started over. In Spanish this is what I said AGL habiendo sido comisianado por Jesuacristo yo te bautizo en el nombre del Padre, y del hijo, y del Espiritu Santo amen. I dunked her and when she came up out of the water her gown was pretty much transparent and she didn't wear what we told her to underneath. So that was interesting.

Anyways she bought a cake for Elder Vernaza because she didn't know if he would transfer or not and his birthday is the 26th of May. He didn't transfer by the way and neither did I. It was so sweet. 

He confirmed her a member of the church yesterday and gave a powerful blessing. 

Also, yesterday we taught this lady named L and she asked for a blessing for her back. We had just taught her about the word of wisdom and she had a little bit of problem with coffee but said she would do it. During the blessing the spirit told me in a way that she needed to know if she followed the word of wisdom that her back would be healed. As soon as I felt that Elder Vernaza said it in the blessing. It was very powerful. 

As for my package I didn't get it. I should have but I didn't and I don't know why. I will have to call the office. I am bummed because I really wanted it!

Other than that I don't really have anything to report. I love you guys and I pray for you everyday! We will have more baptisms here soon! Stay true!

Con Amor,
Elder Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment