Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Sunday, March 11, 2018

God Has My Back

Hey guys,
So my week was pretty good. I got a new companion. His name is Elder Villon and he is from Guayaquil Ecuador. He is a really cool guy. He is 19 and has about 7 1/2 months in the mission and spent all of that time in the same area. 

Elder Eldredge is still here because he is training Elder Villon how to do his job but only for this week. Elder Eldredge will be done and out of the offices on Monday. I have really enjoyed my time with him and love him to death but I am super excited for him to get back out there and take care of business. 

I am almost ready for transfers. I was starting to finish things up and then I got the itineraries I was waiting on and had to stop everything. The good news is there are only four finishing the mission and that means God had my back on this one. I will have everything ready on time though. 

President Nelson is an amazing prophet. Elder Sarnowski had an uncle that worked closely with him and he said that everyday before lunch him and President Nelson would race up the stairwell in their building up to the roof and President Nelson would usually win. They did that until a few months ago until his uncle died.

I was talking with Elder Sarnowski because he lived in Hawaii for like 2 years and he said he is going to give us the pros and cons of every island and things to do on every island so that we can see our options. So next week I will tell you. 

As for Hayley (Hunter's Cousin), I had no idea she was pregnant again. I thought she had just had her first kid. Probably because she has. But at least it is the size of a healthy colt! 

I will be praying for Grandma. We have always been pretty blessed as Reese's with things like this so lets not lose our faith now. Make sure that someone is always helping her with anything. It sounds like everything will turn out okay though. 

As a missionary we always teach the Plan of Salvation. One of the biggest parts of it is our life here on Earth. We are here to be tried and it is our time to prepare ourselves to meet God. (Alma 34:32) Basically bad things are meant to happen. It is unavoidable. What we can control is how we react. Never harden your heart as the Nephites did. Just push forward with a steadfastness in Christ and the blessings and help will come. 

I hope you have fun traveling. It is probably going to suck but the fishing part will be fun. I don't really have time to go fishing. 

I am kinda mad they waited so long to put a Chik-fil-a closer to our house. I wouldda spent a lot more money there had it been there while I was home. 

J and S have not yet gotten married but they are doing all the things theyneed to do to get married and it is a huge process. My guess is they will be married and baptized before the end of March. 

I will send you guys some pictures! Love you I will write more next week! 

Con amor,
Elder Reese


No comments:

Post a Comment