Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, February 27, 2018

I Like Meat and I Like Cake

Hey family and friends!
This week was interesting! I will be telling the stories with my voice recorder afterwards so that way you get the idea a little better. 
This week we had the opportunity to visit this family had we had visited a while ago. The C family. 
I loved them since the moment I met them. They always laugh with us and are very interested to learn. We didn’t ever go back because a couple times they weren’t home when we came by and they live further away than most investigators.  I loved teaching them and I will let you guys know what happened! 
Also, we got to do an FHE with this Venezuelan family. The wife is a member but her husband (well they aren’t married but you get the point) is not. They have an adorable little boy named Liam. They are also VERY difficult to understand sometimes. They don’t pronounce their S{s and I don’t really know how to explain what else they do. 
He cooked us these meat cakes that are very popular in Venezuela. They were super delicious! I like cake and I like meat so he just put them together. He considers himself a member of the Church but knows he can't be baptized until he gets married and he has to take care of some legal things. I taught them black magic as well and they were very frustrated! 
I also went to immigration this week (go figure right) and saw these two people with US passports but they were speaking Spanish. I didn’t pay much attention but then they guy asked me in English if I was in line and I said yes and started to talk. 
He asked me where I was from and I said Idaho and he said he had just put in to go hunting there for next season (needless to say we were off to a good start) I asked him where he was from and he said Los Angeles California. That made me happier to know that he loves to hunt and is not afraid to load up his truck in front of his neighbors who happen to be part of a certain political party and have contrary opinions on killing animals and using guns. 
For those of you that read this and happen to feel the same way I still love you and have nothing against you! 
Anyways, I will finish that story with my soothing voice. 
It sounds like you guys had a fun week! I want to see the bathrooms. Have fun cleaning my room. I tell all the missionaries I really hope you guys get a move on so I don't have to help you move all your stuff! 

Have fun in DC this week Dad. Just remember your in the capital of our country! What a treat! 

It is okay that you couldnt get the videos this week! I just thought maybe you forgot! I can wait. Transfers will be on the 11th of March which means I still have some time to prepare! 

I dont miss shopping. I actually had to go today to buy a camera. I bought a Canon. It is 16 megapixels and works fine. The guy told me it was 180.000 pesos which is almost 60 dollars. I looked very unsure because I wanted him to knock it down. He then threw in a data transfer cable and a battery charger with a free 18gb memory and then I talked him down to 140.000 pesos for all of it. That was a 45 dollar camera with all the hookups. Pretty sure he stole it though. Either way we all won at the end of the day money, camera, and learning where not to leave your camera. 

That is it for now! Love you guys! Be safe! 

Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment