Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Saturday, February 24, 2018

Goodnight, Sweet Dreams Babies

Hey guys!
Well it doesn't sound like the Reese home is better off without me. I remember when we put in the tile in our kitchen and I got to help. I am pretty sure that is where I learned to use a power drill because there are all these X´s on the floor and you have to put a screw in each one. 

I also remember I went in the kitchen barefoot and caught my foot on a screw and it ripped a huge chunk of skin off my foot. 

Sounds like Dad is getting a good calling (Bill is teaching High Priests once a month now). I have a very strong testimony about Preach my Gospel. If you ever want to learn how to teach someone there are SO many tips in there. 

More than anything it just asking people questions to keep them interested and then you slowly lead the questions to the point of your lesson. 

I had no idea that Dad baptized Todd. That is super cool. Sometimes as a missionary all you can do is hand someone a Book of Mormon and tell them that you know for a fact the things in that book can and will help them if they are willing to do what it says. I can promise that it is true and I hate to see so many people that don't want it. 

Duke seems to be doing better just looks like a dork. Everyone already made fun of him for having funny ears and now he is just like the Erkle of the dog world. 
 
We still have some baptismal dates but we haven't been able to visit two of them so far this week. I hope that tonight or tomorrow we will be able to. 

Yea I am getting a little higher up there in time! (Hunter has been out almost a year!) I don't know what the heck happened but here we are. 

I will come home and then leave to go figure out how to be independent in the real world and after I have that down I will come back! (I told him I was afraid he was going to come home from his mission, leave my house and never come back :))

Bishop and Sister Black send me an email about 3 times a month with a little scriptural thought and I always respond with my thoughts. He was the Bishop of my youth. I remember having my baptismal interview with him actually. Then those embarrassing tithing interviews where he would always ask me that if I made money would I pay tithing on it. 

Sister Whitesides insisted that we go out to lunch for Valentines day and they took us to this place called the Gringo. It was like a wing and burger place. I loved it! 

They got a bunch of appetizers and when I wasn't eating Sister Whitesides leaned over to me and said that I had to try something on the table. So I tried the onion rings because I was not about to eat a cheesy stuffed JalapeƱo. It wasn't so bad but I needed more sauce. 

Then we had a zone conference which is a little different because I am in the office. We watch the AP´s prepare everything so we literally know the whole presentation before we get there. 

Granted, President and Sister Whitesides always have good new stuff to say to us. 

Last night me and Elder Eldredge were walking down the street and we always say ¨Buenas.¨ which is like saying hi.  As we were walking we said it to this lady and she looked at us and said ¨Goodnight, sweet dreams babies.¨ but she sounded like a man. She looked and sounded just like the Ugly Stepsister in Shrek. The one that works at the bar. It was frightening. 

Anyways, I will share anything else in my voice recording! Love you guys! 

Con amor,
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment