Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Tuesday, August 15, 2017

New Area: Pasto

Hey guys!
So, it s Tuesday and there is a reason I a writing on  Tuesday. I got transferred to a zone called Pasto. It is actually a city. It is huge. It is the furthest south the mission goes. I am about 3 hours away from Ecuador. 

The thing is it took my whole P day to get here .It was like 11 hours on a bus. It was all through the mountains. Any one of the Legg boys would have needed to overdose on anti nausea medicine. 

My new companion is named Elder Carrion. He is from Ecuador and he has almost a year in the mission. He is different, but I like him. I am the senior companion, which doesn't mean a whole lot but its a step up! 

I said goodbye to Elder Vallenas which was rough but we are good friends! I came here with my friend from my old zone, Elder Sarnauski. He is cool and that made me feel a lot better. It has been a little hard but I am doing it! 

It is actually cold here. The thing is the temperature isn't very low but its a humid cold so it just eats through all your clothes. 

(I asked Hunter for a story for my lesson on Sunday) As for my story, F. V. is my 3rd convert here in the mission. He had listened to the Missionaries for over 3 years He came to church every Sunday and came to activities and was basically a member that wouldn't get baptized! 

We asked him how his study of the Book of Mormon was going. He then confessed that he hadn't been reading it. That is when we started only reading the Book of Mormon with him. We did that for a while but he wouldn't read it on his own

Then we had a family home evening. We invited him to it and it was at a members house. We had planned to share a certain video but it wouldn't work. I decided to share a different one. It is a very powerful talk by Jeffrey R Holland that you should show if you have time. He describes the importance of the Book of Mormon. 

F. V. was asked to say the closing prayer and he did but he was overcome by the spirit and ended it early and couldn't get up! 

We stopped by his house 2 days later and his daughter who is a member asked us about the family home evening. We told her and then she told us that he had started to read the Book of Mormon!! 

About 3 weeks after that he was baptized. He did everything else he was supposed to but he couldnt find the Gospel without the Book of Mormon. He waited 3 years to do what the missionaries tolf him to do the first lesson. 

Also, mom the introduction is a great thing to share as well. The last 2 paragraphs are cash. As well as Moroni 10 3-5.

Anyways I love you guys I should have more next week! 

Con Amor,
Elder Reese


No comments:

Post a Comment