Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Monday, December 10, 2018

Me Rambling English Words Under My Breath

Hey guys, 
So this week was great!! The FHE's started and my ward is doing great! My Bishop is really good at what he does. 

You know you can tell someone is called of God if you just pay attention. He is a convert of about 16 years. He did not serve a mission but that has not slowed him down. One of the most interesting things I have seen in the mission is what the Gospel requires. It is not time, it is dedication. You can be a baptized member from 8 to 100 and that will not get you a spot with God. You have to ACT. And God always chooses his servants that have the ability to act. 

I met an English teacher this week in a FHE and he did NOT speak English. It was SOOO uncomfortable because he kept talking to me in English and I couldn't understand him so I didn't know how to respond him but the son of the member family was his student so I didn't want them to know he didn't speak very good English. The result? Me mumbling random English words under my breath that would require the gift of tongues to translate. It was fun. 

We had interviews as well and they went well. President thanked me for all the work I had done with my companion (who is a great missionary) and with the zone. He said all the new missionaries said that I was always good to them. It was an interview like all the rest. At the end he said that he was just going to pretend like this wasn't one of the last ones haha. 

This week was also Candle Day here in Colombia which I will try and send pictures of (No pictures yet). It is a strange holiday, but oh well.

Probably the coolest part of my week was the temple dedication in Barranquilla here in Colombia. Elder Oaks did the dedication but there are always talks before. One thing that Elder Oaks said while they were putting mortar on the corner stone was when he invited 2 kids from the crowd to participate saying ¨This temple will be here for this rising generation to use it up until the coming of the Lord.¨ I am going to let you translate that how you see fit but I know what I think.

Anyways, thank you for everything! I love you all! Have a great week and let me know about the Skype call! 

Con amor, 
Elder Reese 

PS I haven't gotten my package yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment