Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Monday, October 23, 2017

I Haven't Fallen Asleep Once in Sacrament

Hey guys!
Well you finally got it all cleaned out (Still talking about the bonus room that is now clean with occupants)! We talked about it basically my whole life! I am surprised you got it done so fast!(It didn't feel fast!)

I haven't fallen asleep once in sacrament since I have been on my mission!(Someone fell asleep in our sacrament meeting this week.) It is not too easy either because my ward starts at 8!! It is terrible! We always get up at 6 30 but we usually can avoid people until like 10 or 11! 

This week was good! It was filled with good news! One of the divorces that need to happen will be finalized here pretty soon and that will be two baptisms! They have been investigators for 10 years and we are going over the lessons again! Turns out they forgot a lot of it so good thing we checked! 

We stopped by their house yesterday and she told me that her brother had lost his wife on Friday and we asked if he could come over so we could talk to him and he did. 

He is catholic and he said he felt guilty for some of things he has done and things he said and didn't say to wife while she was alive! 

We started sharing the plan of salvation and everything went great and he wanted us to come back to explain the rest! I really felt like he will be baptized. 

As for the moving in! (Gretchen and Kevin are staying with us for a couple weeks while they get their house ready to move into) Sad I missed it! I had to think really hard about who Matt Banning was but I figured it out! (Matt Banning was the assistant principal at Hunter's school for a year) Is he in there ward or something? That is cool! He knew me when I was like 11 or 12. That is a while ago! Did dad talk to him?

Just so you know Dad doesn't say all the details like you, Mom, so he has told me none of the stuff you tell me! I expect Duke to remember me! He didn't recognize Abby for a few days until she was home all day on the couch and then he remembered there was a girl that used to do that a year and a half ago! 

As for this family. We have another appointment with them tomorrow! We will see how that goes! We will be giving them all a Book of Mormon which will be 6 in total! They are super nice people! 

Also, my district leader got transferred today because he is going to be a secretary in the mission office! So we don't have a district leader! The zone leaders are going to be our district leaders for 2 weeks until President calls a new one! 

Anyways, that was my week! Hope everything goes well over there! Love you all! 

Con Amor,
Elder Reese


No comments:

Post a Comment