Contact Elder Reese

Email: hreese@myldsmail.net

Mail Letters and Packages To:

Elder Hunter Reese
Colombia Cali Mission
Avenida 2, Oeste # 10-130, Edif Tempo
Oficina 201, Barrio Santa Rita
Cali Valle del Cauca
Colombia 760045


Saturday, January 20, 2018

I Taught Them Black Magic

Hey Family and Friends,
                Weeks are just flying by! You always hear missionaries talking about how the time just flies while you're on a mission and then you get there and you feel very deceived. Then you start feeling it a bit too and you realize that time does go by super fast.
         
       We had our interviews this week with President and Sister Whitesides. It is different in the office. We are around each other all the time so they know everything that goes on.

                The interview is more like just getting to know each other better and making sure we don’t have any issues. We usually laugh a lot in my interview and just take a couple minutes to relax.

                I had to ask if there was a way that I could do my job better and he said no and said that he feels bad because when there is a problem that comes up it always lands in my hands. I get phone calls all the time from people that say they just talked to President about something and that he gave them my number to call.

                I have been reading a lot in Heleman lately. Heleman is all about the changes in the judgement seat and the Gadianton robbers. It is also the book where the Nephites start to be really wicked. One thing I noticed was that it mentions how God blessed them with all their riches and they still became prideful and turned away from him.

                Never think that you ever earned anything alone. Nothing we have in life is ONLY through our own merits. God helps us in every step we take but he never makes us take the first one he just is always there to help up us with the last one.

                We had 2 family home evenings this week. The first was great. We taught at a members house and they invited some neighbors over. It was a total of 3 neighbors and one was from Venezuela which is always a good sign.

                We shared a quick message about the importance of always moving forward (2 Nephi 31:20) If you are moving forward then Christ is with you. If you aren’t doing anything with your life he is not. It is that simple. We played a game called white magic that I will show you guys when I get home. They all loved it.  Then we had English classes and that was good. Only 2 people came this week.

                Then we had another family home evening with the Bishop and his family. No investigators came but it was a good chance to get to know the members and gain their trust. They knew the white magic game, so I showed them our black magic game. They loved it a ton. They had never seen it before so they were super frustrated they couldn’t figure it out.

                So Tyson is coming home on Monday? I didn’t know the date had come up so 
soon. That is really crazy.

                As for my companions and the office staff we are all still the same. There is a chance that one of them might leave at transfers though but we won't know until then. I had to deal with a huge itinerary problem this week. A sister wanted to go home to a country she didn’t have documents to because her parents are there but I am not allowed to send a missionary I am in charge of to a country that they can't stay in so her family is like super stressing and talking to me every five minutes. 

                Anyways that was my week. Love you guys!

Con Amor,
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment